Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 2

Day 2 was much more exciting. For breakfast we had the cheesecake we took home the night before. For lunch it was some Chicago style pizza at Gulliver's. (With Ed at the helm, I have no doubt that we will be eating well on this trip.) We killed time with several stops around various northern suburbs, and it turned out to be quite the nice shopping spree: I picked up some cds at Rolling Stone and a baseball roadtrip book at Barnes and Noble. I also found a nice map of every baseball stadium (major and minor leagues) in the US, which will be a good way to track our progress.

Stadium #1: U.S. Cellular Field
Game: Cleveland Indians at Chicago White Sox

While we were worried by some afternoon showers, the weather had cleared up and was beautiful by gametime. The game itself wasn't all that exciting, but we still had a good time. I decided to buy a program and score the game. Since it had been a while I needed a bit of a refresher. Perhaps the lack of an overwhelming amount of action was a good thing. Ed only laughed at me once or twice. Ok, it's late. I need to wrap this up. I'll write more later. And hopefully Ed will too!

Check out some pictures after the jump...


Some pictures of the park...






Here's Ed sporting his new Sox hat:


And a picture of me and Ed:


Here's where we were sitting:


And our view from the centerfield bleachers:


While at the game, I scored. How exciting for me.



3 comments:

Mr. B said...

I am glad I inspired you to score the game. (I hope instructions are included somewhere.) Let me know if you try the "nickel game".

cyn said...

Ed's looking a bit trashy. And kind of thin. Nice hat, though.

Melissa said...

Nice seats-- right in front of the beautiful ComEd sign! :)