Despite my exemplary ability to ramble on and on, there's not much left to do now but conclude with a "best of" post from our trip. In part one, I'll share my favorites of the non-baseball moments. Part two will contain the much-awaited ballpark attributes and overall rankings, as compiled by me and Ed.
Best Non-Baseball Highlights:
1. Finishing (audio)book 5 of Harry Potter
2. Finding the brand new Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds cd by accident in Starbucks the day it was released (Neither of us could believe we bought a cd in Starbucks, but we were glad we did.)
3. Visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
Worst Mishaps/Setbacks:
1. I had the wrong time (1:05) in mind for the Brewers game (7:05) and didn't realize until we were already on our way. No big deal; we had Thai for lunch and went to the game later.
2. We had to drive 30-40 minutes in the wrong direction and back into the state we just left (MI) because the state we drove into (OH) apparently doesn't have any hotels.
3. We drove around the Cleveland suburbs for about 90 minutes looking for a hotel because (a) Ohio doesn't have any hotels, and (b) I am an unlucky, unlucky navigator.
4. We arrived in Detroit five hours before game time instead of one hour early. (MLB changed the start time on us.)
5. I had the wrong day in mind for the Cubs game. This was corrected days in advance.
Best Roadtrip Beard: Mine
Worst Roadtrip Beard: Mine
Best Conversation Topics:
1. Fantasy baseball (It's inevitable that I will soon start playing, too.)
2. How membrane potentials determine whether an organism is endothermic or exothermic
3. The hypothalamic set point of the human body and its relation to bone mass and dieting
4. Harry Potter
Best food I ate on the trip:
1. Brat at Miller Park
2. Italian sausage at Miller Park
3. Italian sausage at Wrigley Field
4. Pizza at Gulliver's in Chicago
5. The "Tchoupatoulas" pizza at Bazbeaux's in Indianapolis
Best flashback to when I was younger: Scoring baseball games. While I hardly ever did it as a kid, I do remember learning how. It was fun to do it again. Check out all the tickets, programs, and scorecards:
What an awesome trip!
Monday, August 20, 2007
Best of (Part 1)
Posted by
Ben
at
2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment