Here's another long overdue (but not long) blog entry--this from June 19, the day we left San Diego headed for L.A. Read on for the post that never was, and also some photos. Still to come are the Dodgers and Angels game pics. I'll get around to them eventually.
Like I said, we visited San Juan Capistrano today. There's an old mission there. Both Ed and I passed on the audio guides (headsets you could carry around with you in order to play descriptions of certain parts of the mission--history, artifacts, etc). At one point, I overheard a mother and a father asking their two young children what they had heard on the headsets. The kids stared at each other for a moment, almost as if to say, "Wait. We were supposed to listen to it?" Then they tried to give answers that would satisfy their curious parents. It came out like this: "They used... cows... for... They used cows' poop for... stuff." The mom was clearly unimpressed. "Oh," she said. "Come on. Let's go look at that over there."
I'm sure you're wondering why I shared this story. The point is that there's a lot of history at the Mission of San Juan Capistrano. But I didn't, uh, have a headset. So if you're going to get a history lesson (or any interesting or useful information), it'll have to come from Ed.
All I'm qualified to do is share some of the pictures I took...









Several of these photos are currently on display... on a wall in my apartment. They're a neat reminder of a beautiful place.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
San Juan Capistrano
Posted by
Ben
at
3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment