
This was the first photo of the day. It was taken from the 8th level of a parking garage right near the stadium. I call it... uh, "Arch Between Two Buildings."
More photos after the jump...
Here's the view of the new Busch Stadium, from the other side of the same parking garage:
The stadium is just as inviting from the outside as some of our favorites such as Camden Yards and Comerica Park. The steel-looking structure evokes the same sort of blue-collar feel as PNC Park in Pittsburgh. We liked it almost right away.
On the trip down, Ed and I were wondering how close the new park was to the old Busch Stadium... Answer: Right across the street.

The interior resembled Great American Ballpark quite a bit. It had a nice feel to it. Here's the view from the concourse in center field:


Here's Jose Reyes awaiting the first pitch from Kyle Lohse. Much to Ed's chagrin, Reyes did not steal any bases today.
And the rest of the view from our seats. Lohse doesn't know it yet, but he's about to balk in the game's first run.

(Note the Arch visible over the right field bleachers.)
You could piece all of these photos together in your mind. Or, you could use an iPhone app to splice them (sloppily) into a panoramic view:
Have I mentioned that I love my new iPhone?
The game turned out to be a bomb-fest. There were five or six homers, if I remember correctly. I may have missed a bit of the action in the 4th and 5th innings. (Hey, I had a panoramic view to assemble. And a brother to gloat to by emailing said panoramic view. And other iPhone-related fun.) Fortunately, Busch Stadium comes equipped with a scoreboard to help me catch up. Looks like the Cards won!
No. 9: The Arch
(I'll spare you the other Arch photos.)
We capped off the day with some frozen custard from the (world?) famous Ted Drewes.
I went for the Cardinal Sin Cement - tart cherries and fudge. Good thing I didn't order the *large.*
Thursday, April 23, 2009
St. Louis Pics
Posted by
Ben
at
10:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Did Ed buy a new hat? The suspense is killing me...
Looks like it was an awesome day for outdoor baseball. Keep up the good blogging.
Mmmm, Cunetto.
Post a Comment